ELIGIBILITY FOR LIFEGUARD BEGINNER COURSE:
- You must be a new applicant/student that has never participated in a lifeguard training course before.
- All new applicants/students must be at least 15 years of age or be turning 15 years of age by the training completion date.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The applicant/student accepts the terms and conditions of AQUATICO POOL MANAGEMENT, INC. and that an employment offer will not be accepted until the student is current on all certifications required for the position. It is understood that the employment offer is subjected to eligibility terms, requirements and conditions and may be changed and or terminated by AQUATICO POOL MANAGEMENT, INC. on an at will basis.
If you have any questions after reading the specifications below, please do not hesitate to contact us at our office 281-578-7665.
AMERICAN RED CROSS PREREQUISITES:
(All prerequisite are performed on the first day of the course.)
- 300-yard swim: 100 yards’ front crawl, 100 yards’ breaststroke, 100 yards either breaststroke or front crawl.
- Swim 20 yards, feet first surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards back to the starting point holding the object with two hands in under 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Tread water with your legs in deep water for 2 minutes with your head out of the water.
- All applicants/students must pay by cash or check before the course begins or pay by Visa, Master Card or Discover Credit Card at the time of registration. If you are paying by check, please make checks payable to Aquatico Pool Management, Inc.
- If you are an applicant and can’t pay the cost up front you may request to take it out of your paycheck with an additional administration fee of $25. (If you are requesting to take it out of your paycheck, you will need to fill out and sign the attached Training Wage Deduction and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the beginner of the course. All Wage Assignment Agreements must be approved by our HR Director via email. If you are under the age of 18, please have one of your parents/guardians sign the form as well.)
FEES: All applicants/students paying with credit card will be charged a convenience fee. This will be an automatic charge during the registration process.
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations must be in writing one week prior to the first-class date. All cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com.
MONEY ORDER/CASH/CHECK POLICY: If you are paying with money order or check please write two checks, one for the registration fee and the other for the training fee.
MONEY ORDER/CASH/CHECK REFUND POLICY: All applicants/students who are unable to pass all prerequisites and if the applicant/student requested a refund at that time they will be asked to attend another course prior to the refund transaction. All refund transactions will be charged a $25 registration fee that applies at the time of registration.
CREDIT CARD REFUND POLICY: All applicants/students who paid with a credit card will be credited back to the same credit card. All credit card refund transactions will take up to (2) weeks to process.
NON-APMI EMPLOYEES: Click the link below to register. All non-employees must create an account to have access to purchase your training course.
DISCLOSURE: NON-APMI EMPLOYEES may register but will pay a $50 non-refundable registration fee. Please choose the class named NON-APMI EMPLOYEE for registration.
*If a non-employee pays the rate of an employee their certification will not be released until the rate is paid in full. Please see the above disclosure.
*If a non-employee registers and does not show up no refund will be given.
APMI EMPLOYEES: Click the link below to register. All new applicants and returning employees must create an account to have access to purchase your training course.
CLASS TRANSFERS: To transfer to another class please notify firstname.lastname@example.org (48) hours prior to the scheduled class state date. To guarantee your transfer, please request (1) week prior to the scheduled class start date. All request may not be granted depending on the class size.
- Applicants/students must arrive 15 minutes prior to each scheduled class date.
- Applicants/students s are required to attend all class dates and times listed for each specific class.
- This course includes Lifeguard Training w/First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer & Bloodborne Pathogens Transmission (BBP) Training.
ITEMS PROVIDED BY AQUATICO:
- ARC Lifeguard Training Book
- Pocket Mack
CERTIFICATION(S) PROVIDED BY AQUATICO:
- American Red Cross certification cards for Lifeguard Training w/First Aid for (2 years), CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer for (2 years) and Bloodborne Pathogens for (1 Year)
- All students must pass all ARC requirements to receive all certifications required to become a lifeguard.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR CLASSES:
- Sun Screen
- Swim Suit/One Piece
- Two Towels
- Change of Clothes
- Pen or Pencil, and Notebook for Notes.
- Sacked Lunch
- Water or Gatorade
LUNCHES AND BREAKS:
- Lunch Breaks: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL STUDENTS MUST BRING A SACKED LUNCH. ALL STUDENTS MAY NOT LEAVE THE CLASS FOR LUNCH.
- Breaks: There will be a 5 to 15 minute breaks throughout the classes.